We all love music. And some if we indeed have learned about music in childhood or later period in our lives. But a sad thing is, just because of lack of self-confidence and lack of exposure, many musicians do die out. While they can perform inside their bedroom but coming out of it is very difficult for them. Here are few tips to remedy that.
1. Record yourself: with the Advent of modern day technology, we have many gadgets to record our voices. It’s convenient and you can listen to it against and again to point out the mistakes in singing or playing any musical instruments.
2. Read about your favorite singers: bringing inspiration is one of the ways to keep yourself motivated. Just try to imagine, even if you are playing badly or singing out of tune, once even your favorite artists were in the same place. There’s nothing you can’t do.
3. Use YouTube: if you are trying to learn by yourself yet you are failing, more of a chance is, another person may have provided a tutorial on how to accomplish that. Hence if you are failing, don’t be discouraged. Use YouTube and try to check where you are making all the mistakes.
4. Learn to read music: if you are trying to learn musical instruments, learning musical notations can help you in a great way. It not only can help you to play that particular tune but it also gives an opportunity to make yourself familiarize with concepts such as pause, beat, tempo etc.
5. Sing in the shower: most people have a mental block when it comes to music. While they may sing or play well, it’s the lack of confidence which holds them back in almost all occasion. The target of music is to enjoy yourself. Even if you are out of tune, try singing in the shower just to bring a smile and happiness to yourself.